"By taking the right path, you can journey the road to a successful future..."
Tips for Job Seekers
- Talk to all the companies exhibiting.
The job you are looking for may not be listed, but may be available.
- Network with recruiters.
Recruiters talk to each other and may pass your resume to another company.
- Have a positive attitude!!
You only have one chance to make a good first impression.
- Bring your resume.
Make sure your resume says what you want it to say.
- Proofread for spelling errors.
Have lots of copies (there is usually a copier available at no charge).
- Be ready to interview.
Think about how your skills will enhance the company you are interviewing with.
Questions You Should be Asking in an Interview
- What are you seeking in the ideal candidate for this position?
- How would you describe your management style?
- Can you give me some examples of the types of projects I may be working on?
- What do you like best about working for this organization?
- How did this position become available?
- What would you like to see happen six-to-12 months after you hire a new person for this position?
- What resources are available for this position?
- Is there anything you are still wondering about my candidacy that might keep you from offering me the position? Is there anything further I should clarify?
- What is the next step in the process? May I have your business card?
Resume' Writing Tips
- Know the purpose of your resume.
- Back up your qualities and strengths
- Use effective titles.
- Proofread it three times.
- Use bullet points.
- Put the most important information first.
- Explain the benefits of your skills.
- Avoid negativity.
- Achievements instead of responsibilities
- Do not include pictures.