"By taking the right path, you can journey the road to a successful future..."
TIPS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Talk to all the companies exhibiting.
The job you are looking for may not be listed, but may be available.
- Network with recruiters.
Recruiters talk to each other and may pass your resume to another company.
- Have a positive attitude!!
You only have one chance to make a good first impression.
- Bring your resume.
Make sure your resume says what you want it to say.
- Proofread for spelling errors.
Have lots of copies (there is usually a copier available at no charge).
- Be ready to interview.
Think about how your skills will enhance the company you are interviewing with.
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ASKING IN AN INTERVIEW
- What are you seeking in the ideal candidate for this position?
- How would you describe your management style?
- Can you give me some examples of the types of projects I may be working on?
- What do you like best about working for this organization?
- How did this position become available?
- What would you like to see happen six-to-12 months after you hire a new person for this position?
- What resources are available for this position?
- Is there anything you are still wondering about my candidacy that might keep you from offering me the position? Is there anything further I should clarify?
- What is the next step in the process? May I have your business card?
RÉSUMÉ WRITING TIPS
- Know the purpose of your resume.
- Back up your qualities and strengths
- Use effective titles.
- Proofread it three times.
- Use bullet points.
- Put the most important information first.
- Explain the benefits of your skills.
- Avoid negativity.
- Achievements instead of responsibilities
- Do not include pictures.
For additional resources and résumé assistance, please visit your local WIN Job Center. Click HERE to find one near you.
Click HERE to find upcoming Job Fair events.